Make stunning 3D or 2D butterflies with this original butterfly SVG file!
This SVG butterfly file is perfect to print or cut with a cutting machine like the Silhouette Portrait or Camero, Cricut machines and other cutting machines that can use SVG, DXF or Silhouette Studio files. If you do not own a cutting machine, you can also print the SVG butterfly design and then use a cutter to cut it out (like in kirigami). I strongly recommend investing in a cutting machine though, you won't regret it! I love my Silhouette Portrait.
I designed the SVG butterfly and I have included legs that are hidden in the delicate butterfly wings pattern. The legs can be unfolded so that you can make a 3D paper butterfly that stands on its legs. You can open or close the wings as much as you want, and curve the feelers / antennae for an amazing effect.
This butterfly is the first 3D SVG that I have designed, and I'm very happy with the result. I have included pictures that show different views of the butterfly, with the wings more or less opened or closed. Please let me know what you think of it! And if you make some of those butterflies, please send me pictures so that I can show them on the Perfect Cut Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectCutSVG/
I have included 5 variations of the butterfly to cover all your printing or cutting needs:
1. Multicolor butterfly, great for printing and for digital projects like digital scrapbooking. With the included SVG file, you can of course change the colors to use your own (e.g. orange or yellow for a Monarch butterfly).
2. A SVG cut file to make a 3D butterfly with legs that you can unfold to make your butterfly stand.
3. A black silhouette with the patterns of the wings hollowed out. Great for cutting to make a 2D butterfly, for cardmaking etc.
4. A black silhouette with full wings (no pattern). This file is great for cutting, and you can combine it with variation #3 to make a 2 colors butterfly: use the full silhouette to cut a colored sheet of paper, and the hollow silhouette to cut the hollow silhouette, and then put the black on top of the color for an amazing effect.
5. A white coloring page with the butterfly.
All the variations come in 6 different file formats so that you can use them in the software of your choice:
- SVG file to cut with cutting machines like Cricut, Silhouette Portrait, Cameo and other machines that accept SVGs files. Using software like Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, Cricut Design Space, Sure Cuts a Lot (SCAL), Make the Cut (MTC) etc. and to edit in software like the free and open source Inkscape vector editor or Adobe Illustrator.
- DXF files and .studio3 file to cut with the free Silhouette Studio programs that comes with the Silhouette cutting machines
- EPS and PDF files for easy printing
- Transparent PNG file that you can use for digital scrapbooking and digital stamping, to put it on top of your photos etc.
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
You will receive a zip file that contains all variations in all file formats.
Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed. If you pay with PayPal or a credit card on Etsy, confirmation might take a few minutes.
For help, see Etsy's "Download a Digital Item" information page: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/3949
- This is a digital product, no physical product will be shipped to your physical address. Once you purchase it, Etsy will send you instantly an email (to the e-mail address you use with Etsy) with links to download the files.
- Due to the nature of digital files, I unfortunately cannot offer refunds or exchanges. All sales are final.
I hope you will be satisfied with your purchase. If you do experience difficulties with the files, please contact me and I will do my best to help you.
PERSONAL AND NON-PROFIT USE ONLY
You can use the files for personal use and non-profit use only, no commercial use allowed. Those designs are original designs, absolutely no redistribution in any form and in any place allowed, including platforms and print to order merchandize sites like RedBubble, Zazzle, Society6, SpoonFlower etc.
I would love to see what you do with my designs, so if you purchase and use this tropical SVG set, please leave an appreciatation with a picture of what you made! Thank you!
All the included designs and files are Copyright 2017 Stéphane Gigandet. They take a lot of work, time and love to create, so please respect that and enjoy the designs for your personal use or for non-profit use only. Thank you.
Have a great summer, make a lot of butterflies and enjoy!
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Stéphane Gigandet, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternately, you may mail me at:
Stéphane Gigandet, Interesting Views SARL, 21 rue des Iles, 94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés, France
Once you order, as soon as Etsy processes your payment (usually within minutes), Etsy will send you a link to download a ZIP compressed file that contains all the SVG, DXF, PDF, EPS, PNG and Silhouette Studio files listed in the listing description.
On most recent computers, Mac and Windows, you just need to double click on the ZIP file to open it. You can then move the files to another folder, or just uncompress all the files. You can also right click and then select "Extract all".
1. First download and uncompress the ZIP file. The ZIP file contains files in different file formats (SVG, DXF, PDF, EPS, PNG and .studio3).
2. Launch Cricut Design Space in your browser and create a new project.
3. Click on "Upload" and then on "Upload Image" and "Browse".
4. Select the SVG file you want (depending on your computer and browser settings, SVG files might show as type "Google Chrome HTML document" or similar).
5. In the Upload page, your uploaded SVG designs will be in the "Recently upload images" section, select the designs by clicking on them. You can select multiple designs with Ctrl + click.
8. Click on "Insert Image" to put the designs in your project.
You need to use the provide .studio3 files or the DXF files because the free version of Silhouette Studio does not support.
In Silhouette Studio, just click on "Open" and then select the .studio3 or DXF file you want.
With the provided SVG files, you can use a SVG editor to change the colors of the different layers. I recommend the free Inkscape software for Windows and Mac. You can select each layer, and choose the color. Then click on "Export" to save a PNG file with the design with your custom colors.
Absolutely! It's always a great pleasure to see what you do with my SVG designs. They take a lot of time, care and love to make, but it's an awesome feeling to see them being used to make cool things! The easiest way to send me pictures of what you have done is to use the Etsy reviews, as you can easily attach a picture to your review. You can also send them to me by Etsy conversation or on Facebook. Thank you so much!
Jan 27, 2022
Habe dicken Fotokarton genommen, aber er stand dennoch nicht alleine. Dann habe ich den Schmetterling zweimal ausgeschnitten und zusammen geklebt, plus kleinen Draht in die Füssschen eingearbeitet. Jetzt steht er perfekt! Vielen Dank
Dec 19, 2018
Sep 13, 2018
Aug 27, 2018
Jun 24, 2018