Easy DIY Paper Box Template. Instant Download. Printable PDF template + Cuttable SVG template for Cricut & Silhouette. Easy instructions with photos.
Make an easy heart shaped DIY paper box for Valentine's Day gifts with this very easy to follow heart box papercraft template and instructions.
This instant download papercraft kit includes templates for the paper heart box that you can either print and cut with scissors (printable PDF template), or that you can cut with a paper cutting machine if you have one (SVG template file for Cricut & Cricut Design Space, .studio3 file for Silhouette Studio, and DXF and EPS files for other machines).
No product will be shipped, this is DIY template that you can download instantly. That way there are no shipping costs and delay, and you get to make your own unique box with your choice of paper or cardboard.
This heart box is an easy papercraft project, perfect for beginners or kids (12 years old and more), to practice before you try more complex low poly 3D sculptures and papercrafts.
■ ■ ■ How to
Time needed: about 20 minutes.
Difficulty: Easy. Can be done by kids (12 and up, or with an adult) and people who are new to paper craft.
Final size: about 10 cm / 4 inches (using 1 A4 or Letter size sheet of cardstock for both the box and lid).
Colors: Whichever you want! Pink or Red are obvious choices, but you can make boxes with cardstock or paper of any color, and why not a rainbow of heart boxes!
■ ■ ■ What you get
A few minutes after purchase, Etsy will send you a link to download the project files:
- A 3 pages PDF manual with instructions to make the heart box, with photos
- A zip file that contains the files for the templates
The templates come in different formats:
- PDF and PNG to print and cut with scissors or a cutter
And if you own a paper cutting machine:
- SVG for Cricut & Cricut Design Space and other paper cutting machines that accept SVG files
- .studio3 for Silhoutte Studio (Free or Designer Edition) for Silhouette Portrait, Cameo etc.
- DXF and EPS files for some other cutting machines
Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed. If you pay with PayPal or a credit card on Etsy, confirmation might take a few minutes.
For help, see Etsy's "Download a Digital Item" information page: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/3949
■ ■ ■ Materials needed
- 1 sheet of paper or light cardboard / cardstock (80 to 200g)
- A printer and scissors or cutter OR a paper cutting machine like Cricut or Silhouette
If you use cardboard, you also need a ruler and a dull point tool (or dried out pen) to score the folds.
■ ■ ■ How to make the paper heart box
Just follow the easy step-by-step instructions and pictures of the included manual.
The process is:
1. Print and cut the template, or cut it with a paper cutting machine
2. Make the folds. If you use the printed template, they are indicated by dotted lines. If you used a paper cutting machines, you don't have the dotted lines, but there are easy references points and I show where to fold in the manual.
Note: if you use cardboard, it's best to "score" the folds by marking them with a dull point tool such as dried out pen before folding.
3. Glue the tabs in the indicated order.
And that's it! It is very easy and even kids can do it.
■ ■ ■ If you need help
If you need help to make the box, please contact me and I will do my best to help you out. It's an easy craft project, so don't worry!
I hope you will be satisfied with your purchase. If you experience difficulties with the files, please contact me and I will do my best to help you. I strive for five stars customer service.
■ ■ ■ Personal and non-profit use only
You can use the templates and instructions for personal use and non-profit use only, no commercial use is allowed. You cannot redistribute the templates and instructions in any way, and you cannot use them to make items for sale.
- This is a digital product, no physical product will be shipped to your physical address. Once you purchase it, Etsy will send you instantly an email (to the e-mail address you use with Etsy) with links to download the files.
- Due to the nature of digital files, I unfortunately cannot offer refunds or exchanges. All sales are final.
I would love to see what you do with my designs, so if you purchase this design, please leave an appreciatation with a picture of what you made! Thank you!
All the included designs and files are Copyright 2017 Stéphane Gigandet. They take a lot of work, time and love to create, so please respect that and enjoy the designs for your personal use or for non-profit use only.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Stéphane Gigandet, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com . Alternately, you may mail me at:
Stéphane Gigandet, Interesting Views SARL, 21 rue des Iles, 94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés, France
Once you order, as soon as Etsy processes your payment (usually within minutes), Etsy will send you a link to download a ZIP compressed file that contains all the SVG, DXF, PDF, EPS, PNG and Silhouette Studio files listed in the listing description.
On most recent computers, Mac and Windows, you just need to double click on the ZIP file to open it. You can then move the files to another folder, or just uncompress all the files. You can also right click and then select "Extract all".
1. First download and uncompress the ZIP file. The ZIP file contains files in different file formats (SVG, DXF, PDF, EPS, PNG and .studio3).
2. Launch Cricut Design Space in your browser and create a new project.
3. Click on "Upload" and then on "Upload Image" and "Browse".
4. Select the SVG file you want (depending on your computer and browser settings, SVG files might show as type "Google Chrome HTML document" or similar).
5. In the Upload page, your uploaded SVG designs will be in the "Recently upload images" section, select the designs by clicking on them. You can select multiple designs with Ctrl + click.
8. Click on "Insert Image" to put the designs in your project.
You need to use the provide .studio3 files or the DXF files because the free version of Silhouette Studio does not support.
In Silhouette Studio, just click on "Open" and then select the .studio3 or DXF file you want.
With the provided SVG files, you can use a SVG editor to change the colors of the different layers. I recommend the free Inkscape software for Windows and Mac. You can select each layer, and choose the color. Then click on "Export" to save a PNG file with the design with your custom colors.
Absolutely! It's always a great pleasure to see what you do with my SVG designs. They take a lot of time, care and love to make, but it's an awesome feeling to see them being used to make cool things! The easiest way to send me pictures of what you have done is to use the Etsy reviews, as you can easily attach a picture to your review. You can also send them to me by Etsy conversation or on Facebook. Thank you so much!